Trash and Recycling
CR&R Incorporated observes the following holidays:
- New Years Day - January 1
- Memorial Day - Last Monday in May
- Independence Day - July 4
- Labor Day - 1st Monday in September
- Thanksgiving - 4th Thursday in November
- Christmas Day - December 25
View the Recycling Details (PDF) to find out what goes in each cart. If you do not have curbside collection, you may take recyclables to the Waste Management facility located at 2050 N. Glassell St. (corner of Glassell and Grove, between Taft and Lincoln).
How to Get Money for Your Bottles and Cans
If you want to redeem the California Redemption Value on your beverage containers, view the CalRecycle website to find a recycling center near you.
Used Oil Collected From Your Doorstep
You can have your used motor oil and filters picked up from your home for free. Call the Used Oil Hotline at (800) 449-7587 or visit WM Curbside for more information and to schedule a pickup.
Used Oil Certified Collection Centers
If you prefer to properly dispose of your used motor oil at one of Orange's certified collection centers, ask the hotline operator for the center nearest you, view the CalRecycle website. It is a good idea to call the collection center to verify their hours and to make sure they are able to accept your oil. This program is funded by a grant from the California Integrated Waste Management Board.
Recycled TiresThanks to a grant from CalRecycle, the California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery, Orange has been able to subsidize the cost of paving its Arterial streets with Asphalt Rubberized Hot Mix (ARHM).
- The rehabilitation of four streets was possible for the Fiscal Year 2017 which utilized 184,025 pounds of crumb rubber, which diverted 15,335 tires from California’s landfills.
- The rehabilitation of six streets was possible for the Fiscal Year 2018 which utilized 315,000 pounds of crumb rubber, which diverted 26,250 tires from California’s landfills.
Household Hazardous Waste and Electronic Waste
Household Hazardous Waste Collection Center
1071 N Blue Gum
Anaheim, CA 92806
Bulky Item Collection Program
Incentive Programs for Businesses and Manufacturers
The California Legislature passed Assembly Bill 1826 (AB 1826) in 2014. This law requires all businesses and commercial centers that generate a certain amount of organic waste to develop a program to recycle that waste rather than sending it to a landfill. Organic waste includes food waste, vegetable trimmings, plate scrapings, spoiled food, and excess food inventory. The State regulations require that:
- Businesses that generate four 4 cubic yards or more of commercial solid waste per week shall arrange for ongoing organic waste recycling services by January 1,2019.
For more information on our organics program please contact CR&R at (714) 372-8272.