Social Media Terms and Conditions
The City of Orange Community Services Department maintains a social media program for the purpose of engaging and interacting with our community, providing information on recreation programming, classes, events, staff, or activities to promote community for residents, visitors and those having an interest in the City of Orange Community Services Department, also known as parks and recreation.
Limited Public Forum
For purposes of this policy, a social media platform is the website or app offered to the public to provide audio, video, still-photo or written communication between other members of the public and/or representatives of certain groups, businesses, organizations or departments. Examples of social media platforms include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Flickr, LinkedIn, website blogs with commenting capabilities, forums and emergency notification services.
When applicable, the City reserves the right to report any violation to the following social media guidelines, with the intent to take the appropriate and reasonable responsive action:
The definition of content as used in this policy refers to any written copy, photos, graphics, videos, live-video streams, comments or any form of communicative content exchanged between parties.
“Friending” or “Liking” the City of Orange Community Services Department, or an employee of the City of Orange Community Services Department, does not indicate an endorsement of that person’s actions or comments.
A comment posted by a member of the public on any City of Orange Community Services Department social media site is the opinion of the commentator or poster only, and publication of a comment does not imply endorsement of, or agreement by, the City of Orange Community Services Department, nor do such comments necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of the City of Orange Community Services Department.
Moderation of Content
The City of Orange Community Services Department’s social media platforms are intended to be "family friendly." The City of Orange Community Services Department does actively monitor the social media platforms used by the Department, and will remove inappropriate content as defined below, without prior notice, and as soon as possible. The Department shall reserve the right to remove from participation anyone who posts inappropriate material as determined by the Department. This material may include, but is not limited to:
- Comments not related to the original topic, including random or unintelligible comments;
- Profane, obscene, or pornographic content and/or language;
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, national origin or any other basis prohibited by law;
- Defamatory or personal attacks;
- Threats to any person or organization;
- Comments in support of, or in opposition to, any political campaigns or ballot measures;
- Solicitation of commerce, including but not limited to advertising of any business or product for sale;
- Conduct in violation of any federal, state or local law;
- Encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest, such as a copyright, of any party;
- Harassment or content which constitutes and/or facilitates stalking;
- Content which violates the right to privacy;
- Encouragement of violence;
- Repetitive content;
- Posts or comments that contain any external links.
Denial of Access
If you wish to contest the removal or hiding of your content, or your denial of access ("banned") from our social media platforms, you may do so by contacting the Community Services Department at (714) 744-7274.