Business Relief Grant
The Business Relief Grant is funded through CARES Act monies provided by Orange County Supervisor Don Wagner and offers up to $25,000 to Orange small businesses that have been adversely affected by COVID-19. Grant funds may be used for payroll, capital, equipment, and operating expenses. To qualify, businesses must meet the following criteria*:
• The business is physically located in Orange, has been in the City for a minimum of one year and is not a franchise or part of a chain of more than three locations.
• The business is a for profit business with at least 1, but not more than 50 employees.
• The business has gross annual revenues of at least $100,000, but no more than $5 million.
• The business has experienced at least a 25% reduction in revenue due to COVID-19 and is able to provide documentation showing the loss in revenue.
• The business continues to operate legally during the COVID-19 crisis.
• The business has had no major code violations in the last twelve months.
• Adult businesses, massage parlors, and largely cash-based businesses are not eligible.
• Individuals that own or have interest in more than one business may be limited to one grant total (i.e., if a person has ownership interest in three businesses, only one of those businesses may receive a grant under this program).
• Businesses that have not received funding through the CARES Act, such as Payroll Protection, Program loans, will be given first priority.
|1. Revenue statements for 2 months in 2020 verifying 25% less revenue than the same months in 2019|
|2. Revenue Statements for the same two months in 2019|
|3. Annual revenue statement for 2019|
|4. Payroll report showing total number of employees|
How to Apply
If you have questions, please call (714) 744-2222 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Based on demand, the City has the discretion to adjust the grant eligibility criteria, particularly as it relates to minimum number of employees, minimum annual gross revenue, and the percentage decrease in revenue due to COVID-19, in order to maximize the effective reach of the Program.