Business Relief Grant
Click here to view a list of the Business Relief Grant Recipients.
The Business Relief Grant is funded through CARES Act monies provided by Orange County Supervisor Don Wagner and offers up to $25,000 to Orange small businesses that have been adversely affected by COVID-19. Grant funds may be used for payroll, capital, equipment, and operating expenses. To qualify, businesses must meet the following criteria*:
• The business is physically located in Orange, has been in the City for a minimum of one year and is not a franchise or part of a chain of more than three locations.
• The business is a for profit business with at least 1, but not more than 50 employees.
• The business has gross annual revenues of at least $100,000, but no more than $5 million.
• The business has experienced at least a 25% reduction in revenue due to COVID-19 and is able to provide documentation showing the loss in revenue.
• The business continues to operate legally during the COVID-19 crisis.
• The business has had no major code violations in the last twelve months.
• Adult businesses, massage parlors, and largely cash-based businesses are not eligible.
• Individuals that own or have interest in more than one business may be limited to one grant total (i.e., if a person has ownership interest in three businesses, only one of those businesses may receive a grant under this program).
• Businesses that have not received funding through the CARES Act, such as Payroll Protection, Program loans, will be given first priority.
|1. Revenue statements for 2 months in 2020 verifying 25% less revenue than the same months in 2019|
|2. Revenue Statements for the same two months in 2019|
|3. Annual revenue statement for 2019|
|4. Payroll report showing total number of employees|