Request a Copy of a Police Report

The Orange Police Department's Records Bureau is responsible for receiving, maintaining and archiving police records in compliance with department policies, city policies and state law.  Copies of reports are available from the Records Bureau Monday through Saturday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.​

To request a copy of a police report, click here

​All report requests must be reviewed for eligibility for release and may take up to 10 business days to process.  Certain reports may not be available for release because the investigation is still ongoing, or because release of the report is restricted by law.  Additionally, certain reports must be redacted (have protected information removed) or have approval by the investigating Detective before they can be released. 

​You may request a copy of a report if you are:

​- A victim of a crime​
​​- Authorized representative of the victim of a crime (with a signed waiver)
​​- The insurance carrier against whom a claim has been made or may be made​
​​- Any person who suffered bodily injury or property damage as a result of an incident, including a traffic collision​​

​What if I was arrested?

​​If you have been arrested and have not appeared in court, the Records Bureau will not release the report.  The case must be adjudicated before the report may be released.  The court or prosecution will discuss options for obtaining the report at your arraignment.​

What if a report involved a juvenile (under 18 years of age)?

​Juvenile information includes any document relating to juvenile contacts and arrests, including being a victim of any crime.  The Superior Court of Orange County Juvenile court limits access to juvenile court records in accordance with the California Rule of Court 5.552, and Welfare & Institutions Code Section 827 provides Juvenile Court.  Release of juvenile information requires the authorization of the Presiding Judge of the Juvenile Court.

​​Parents of a juvenile may receive a copy of certain types of reports (i.e. traffic collision reports).  Availability of these records is restricted to court personnel, the minor, parents or guardian, attorneys involved in the case, and other persons designated by statute.  All others will need to petition Juvenile Court directly for the release of that record.  The Records Bureau has the necessary form to submit to the Superior Court of Orange County Juvenile court.  You may visit the Orange County Juvenile Court in person or via the web at: