About The CityOfficialsDepartmentsServicesCalendarFAQSContact Us
Homepage > Faqs > Questions and AnswersE-mail storyPrint friendly format

Cars & Parking


A traffic sign is broken, missing, or illegible.
Please report any missing, damaged, or illegible signs to the Traffic Engineering Operations Center at (714) 532- 6428.

A traffic signal is out.
If you observe a traffic signal that is out or not functioning correctly please call the Traffic Engineering Operations Center at (714) 744-5536. 

How do I obtain a parking permit?
Parking permits for the designated neighborhood parking permit areas can be obtained at the Police Department's Traffic Division located at 1107 N Batavia Street. You must show proof of residence before you will be issued parking permits.

How do I pay for my parking citation?
Your parking citation is also an envelope.  Make your payment, place it inside the envelope, and mail it to the address printed on the outside of the envelope.  At this time, checks and money orders are the only accepted form of payment.  You may also drop your payment envelope in the blue Utility Bill payment box located on the east curb of Grand St., next to City Hall.  Be sure to place a stamp on the envelope and allow extra time for your payment to be processed.

How do I implement a parking permit program in my neighborhood?
The City's policy for implementing a neighborhood parking permit program can be obtained by following detailed instructions available at the Traffic Division.

I want to report a city vehicle driven recklessly.
Call the Public Works Maintenance Division at (714) 532-6480 and provide a vehicle number or license plate number.

I would like a speed hump installed on my street.
Speed humps are part of the city's Residential Neighborhood Traffic Management Program (RTMP). The process for getting speed humps on residential streets can be found in the RNTMP documents on the Traffic Safety section of the city's web site. You can follow this link directly to that location RTMP

I would like to report an abandoned vehicle.
For abandoned vehicles on public property, such as a City street, call the Orange Police Department's Abandoned Vehicle Hotline at (714) 744-7473. 

For inoperative, abandoned, wrecked, or unregistered vehicles on private property, please contact Code Enforcement at (714) 744-5555.

When you call, please provide the vehicle's license plate number, a description of the vehicle, the location of the vehicle, and an estimate of how long the vehicles has been parked.

What are the City restrictions on operating/parking recreation vehicles (RV's)?

The most up-to-date answers regarding recreation vehicles (RV) parking can be found in this document.

Where are the city parking lots located?
City parking lots are located in the Plaza area follow the link to the Traffic and Transportation Page to view the map of public parking lots.

Where are the rules about parking in the city?
The rules and regulations regarding parking in the city can be found in section 10 of the Municipal Code. You can follow the link directly to that section. OMC Section 10

Where can I get a handicapped parking permit?
This can be done at the Department of Motor Vehicles.  You can contact them at (800) 777-0133. Or visit their website.

Where can I get help with my car registration?
This can be done at the Department of Motor Vehicles. You can contact them at (800) 777-0133 or visit their website.

Where can I renew my driver's license?
This can be done at the Department of Motor Vehicles.  You can contact them at (800) 777-0133. Or visit their website.

Copyright 2002 - 2017 City of Orange, CA Powered by