For more than a century, Orange Public Library has been providing essential library services to local residents and businesses. Established in 1885, three years before the City of Orange incorporated, the Orange Public Library system has grown to include the recently constructed and expanded Orange Public Library & History Center and two branch facilities (Taft and El Modena).
The City of Orange Public Library Foundation (OPLF) was established in 1998 as an innovative, collaborative effort by local leaders and municipal officials united by a common goal: To strengthen support for Orange’s public libraries in order to develop an outstanding library system.
OPLF bridges gaps in tax-based funding through the cultivation of public/private partnerships. Its funding ensures that the community’s growing needs for library services and programs are met by developing library support from individuals, businesses and community organizations.
OPLF is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit public benefit corporation, and its federal ID number is: 33-0803671.