About The CityOfficialsDepartmentsServicesCalendarFAQSContact Us
Homepage > ... > Fire > Public Education > Home SafetyE-mail storyPrint friendly format
 

Home Safety

In the Kitchen

  • An electrical coil reaches the temperature of 800 degrees.
  • A gas flame goes over 1,000 degrees.
  • Your dish towel or pot holder can catch fire at 400 degrees.
  • Loose shirt sleeves or bathrobe sleeves can catch fire easily. Wear short or snug-fitting sleeves when cooking.
  • Never leave cooking food unattended.
  • Keep exhaust hood and duct over stove clean.
  • Keep a fire extinguisher mounted nearby.
  • Be careful with young children when in kitchen.
  • Keep all pot handles turned toward the back of stove.
  • Never pour water on a grease fire - turn off stove and cover pan.

Top 
Copyright 2002 - 2014 City of Orange, CA Powered by