Comic-Con 2018 Cosplay Rules
Grab Your Friends And Suit Up!
Click here for a printable version.
The Library is having a Cosplay Contest for all ages. We will begin accepting entries during Comic-Con® from 11 am to 3 pm on Saturday, September 22. Please complete a Submission Form at the green screen in the Children’s Library and have your photo taken. Your costume must meet all Cosplay Rules (see below). Costumes from all fandom genres are welcome.
There are two age group entry categories:
- Little Supers: ages newborn- 12
- Big Supers: age 13 and beyond
One Entry Per Person Or Group.
Group costumes are allowed but there is only one prize for the group.
- Creativity/Presentation Adherence
- Adaption to/from Source Material or Originality
The following are allowed:
- Family-friendly costumes.
- Regular-sized costumes; no oversize due to space.
- Costumes with appropriate footwear; must have a hard sole.
- Costumes that are overly revealing, gory, or deemed inappropriate or offensive by staff.
- Costumes that can be confused with law enforcement.
- Ammo or projectiles of any kind.
- Harassing others, play fighting, or aggressive behavior, real or implied.
- All prop weapons must be checked-in prior to entry to Comic-Con. Toy guns will be marked by Comic-Con staff.
- Prop weapons must be obviously fake, inoperable, and should be made of lightweight materials.
- Metal weapons and any sharpened props are prohibited.
These guidelines apply to every person in costume. With the exception of makeup, masks must be removable and done so at Orange Public Library staff request. Staff have the right to modify these rules on the spot. The Orange Public Library reserves the right to refuse entry or ask any person to leave at any time due to an inappropriate costume. Cosplay is not consent, please treat others with respect.
Comic-Con® is a registered trademark of San Diego Comic Convention.